Six divorces (happily married to wife #7, Pam, hooked at the hip since 1996), two bankruptcies, one foreclosure.
More than 100 jobs. Got laid off once. Quit the rest. Never fired, but did the Take This Job And Shove It thing a lot.
Nearly a dozen career paths, a few of the most prominent being professional rodeo, sales (network marketing no less), mining, and trucking (both long haul and offroad).
Figured out I qualify as a hardcore conservative (to the right of Reagan) Tea Party activist when it comes to supporting limited government and the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution…and as a raging liberal on many social issues, particularly when it comes to privacy and relationships.
Lived in more than 50 different places of residence throughout 8 of the 11 western states.
Ended up retiring (for the 2nd time) in 2009 after my Colorado trucking job done went & got itself Obamafied and new jobs were suddenly scarce as hen’s teeth. Settled on 20 acres in southern Cochise County, Arizona, one mile from the Mexican Border. Built the Border Fort (our current home) in 2010 from the ground up with my own two hands, no outside assistance, thank you very much.
- Formal education? Besides the fabled College of Hard Knocks? Sure, let’s see….Northern Montana College, two year certificate in Auto Mechanics, 1963. Montana State University, B.S. degree (figures) in Psychology, 1970. Western College of Auctioneering, certificate in Auctioneering, 1980.
That said, I now take care of my disabled yet ever feisty redheaded mate, (19 years and counting). That’s #1. Then comes the writing, any and all hours of the night or whenever our portable solar generator leaves me enough juice to get the job done. After that, politics, which we humans ignore at our own risk.
Subjects? Anything and everything. Many a day, I don’t have any idea in the morning what will be hitting the keyboard by midnight. But there’s plenty of “old” material to peruse (see Index menu at top of page) for those nights I miss hitting the Publish key by daylight.
Ah. Yes. The origin of Ghost32. For whatever reason, my complexion changed drastically when I was in my mid-fifties. Despite the fact that I’ll outlive most if not all of them, a lot of folks figure I’m one of the living dead when they first meet me. More times than I can count, I’ve been asked,
“Why are you so BLUE?!”
Now, I don’t really think I’m all that blue, but it is what it is. And when I signed on as a truck driver with Production Transport of Grand Junction, Colorado in 2006, a senior driver (by the name of Hippee, no less) took one look ad me and announced,
“You are definitely getting called GHOST!”
Eh. My wife and I figured, why not? I’d been called worse things.
Thus Ghost was born, adding the “32” when it was time to start writing on the Internet.
Bored yet? Thought so. I know I am. Let’s hope my other writings are more entertaining than this autobiographical stuff.
LIST OF BOOKS WRITTEN BY ME
with publication year, genre, and availability
1. Ptolia, Book I in the Ptolia series…1982…science fiction…limited availability on Amazon and through other online sources.
2. Dwagelia Rises, Book II in the Ptolia series…1992…science fiction…scarce as hen’s teeth, almost impossible to find.
3. Tales of a Golden Heart, anecdotal autobiography…1992…scarce as hen’s teeth, almost impossible to find.
4. The D.T’s * Driving Tips for Bad Weather…1992…pen name, Chet N. Barnes… unavailable.
5. The Hawkins Heresies: MLM (Multilevel Marketing) from a Different View…1992… pen name, Chet N. Barnes…unavailable.
6. Tam the Tall Tale Teller, Book I in the Flywheel Ranch trilogy…2015…western fiction…available on this website, at Amazon, and at various other outlets.